|| Gear Ratio
|| Line Capacity (Lb./Yds.)
|| 27 OZ.
|| Mono 450/16; Braid 450/50
After a long day of fishing off the Florida Coast testing products, a Penn Engineer and Penn’s CEO were engaged in conversation. For years, reel companies mimicked Otto Henze’s original patent of using a bridgeplate to mount the gear stud and main gear. At the time this was innovation and creativity at its finest. However, with the great advances in materials and machining capabilities, the question was posed, why were companies using decade old technology when a better, stronger, and more reliable design could be used? A new, revolutionary concept was quickly sketched on the back of a napkin and a new Patent was born. From this innovative and revolutionary patent, Penn is proud to introduce a truly unique reel design, an Integrated Side Plate. This integrated Side Plate (ISP) serves as the basis for a new series of reels which is introduced over the next few pages. But before its introduction, a bit more discussion of the Integrated Side Plate design is warranted.
- LIghtweight and Strong Aluminum Alloy; Forged & machined Frame, Spool, and Side plates
- Infinite anti-reverse Roller Bearing PLUS Double Dog system Backup
- Precision Machined Stainless Steel Main Gear (6.3:1 Gear Ratio)
- Heat-treated Stainless Steel Pinion Gear for strength
- Versa-drag, Multiple Drag-stack Arrangement
- Disengaging Pinion for superior Free Spool
- Oversized Soft-Grip Power Handle
- Five Stainless Steel Ball Bearings
- Stainless Steel Reel Stand
- One-Piece, Open-Top Frame